Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Two New Recipes

Both are Taste of Home recipes. I have good success with those, generally. I'm guessing because they are usually reader submissions and not just developed in a test kitchen under optimum conditions. They've been tried and true in someone else's home for their family. First off is Soy Garlic Chicken. I will absolutely make this again. All 3 of us loved it (the baby was sleeping). It was quick to prepare for the crockpot, and required ingredients pretty much everyone always has on hand. We actually ended up having smashed yellow nugget potatoes (skins and all) and broccoli with it.

Next up is Gooey Chocolate Cookies. Mike says they fall into the absolutely make them again category. He was originally disappointed I hadn't made my traditional chocolate chip cookies, and then quickly discovered that was ok. He actually suggested they would be good with vanilla ice cream, possibly for ice cream sandwiches. For those, I reversed the flavours, though. I had a white cake mix and chocolate cream cheese on hand. Still tasty. And I added some chocolate chips like reviewers suggested. If you read the reviews, there is complaints of the dough being sticky on your hands. That's not a big deal to me. I'm baking, it could get messy. Whatever. Do keep them on the small side, flatten slightly with your hand, and they'll turn out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment