Friday, September 10, 2010

Potato Ham Bake

We had this two nights ago. Mike called it "Easter dinner soup". I doubled it because I don't know what family the recipe author is feeding, but that would not feed six as a main course casserole in my house. So maybe something went wrong in the doubling, I'm not sure. But it was soupy. Mike and Cole actually used spoons. I got by with just a fork, though.

One of the things that had me skeptical of this recipe as I was making it is that I realized it was essentially scalloped potatoes and ham in a casserole together. Mike hates ham and scalloped potato dinner. I love it, which is why this probably appealed to me. He admitted that he did enjoy this though, and would eat it again. Apparently one of the things he doesn't like about ham for dinner is it gets cold so fast. This way it stayed hot. My only caution is that prep is only 10 mins if you have ham chopped up (I used a ham steak), and your potatoes peeled and sliced.

So, I liked it, Mike liked it, Cole even ate all his dinner, and Carson was ecstatic at the sight of potatoes and mixed veggies. A hit all around. It can safely be added to the rotation for when I need a long cooking dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment