Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back To School

School starts in three weeks. We've got a new backpack, lunch bag, lunch containers and school supplies. My Lovable Labels order arrived today, and I'm totally happy with it. And kind of geeked out that I get to put labels on everything. Mike wanted to know why we couldn't just sharpie everything. Because it wears off and looks ghetto. Cole is going to be wearing a uniform so we've got the required black socks and black loafers. I just need to get down to the uniform distributor to get him fitted for his actual uniform (pants, shirts and sweaters). That's Friday.

Today is Meet The Teacher day. She's coming to the house. My house has not looked this perfect since we had a cleaning lady and/or Grandma came for Easter or Thanksgiving. I'm totally determined to keep it up, thanks to Motivated Moms. It's a nice, easy, a little bit every day, homekeeping schedule.

I volunteered to be Class Liason (room mom) for the year. I'm super excited about that! I have lots of fun ideas thanks to Pinterest. I've cut my hours back to two shifts maximum a week at work. The boys need me. Our house needs me. And I need the time. I was basically working just to pay for childcare and that's really a no-win situation.

The kids are enrolled in a ton of activities this fall. Cole will be going to all day Kindergarten, so he's just got swimming lessons and Beavers. Carson on the other hand, will be home with me. We've got a parent and tot clay play class, gradual entry program where I have to stay in the building, a parent and tot sports program and he's in swimming lessons as well. We'll toss some Strong Start in as well some mornings.

It's a busy fall coming up!! I'm going to give once a month cooking (OAMC) a shot to try and keep on top of healthy dinners and not eating out all the time.

There's still 3 weeks left though to get in some more summer fun and we're planning on visiting the aquarium, Science World, and Mike and I are going on an all day date outlet shopping in Seattle! Woohoo!! Plus lots more park trips and hopefully the beach thrown in one day. Cole still has a week and a half of swimming lessons left, as well as a golf sports exposure program next week.

Did I mention I live in my van?

No comments:

Post a Comment