Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My kid is going to fail

Swimming lessons! He loves the water. Taught himself to swim underwater. But he's going to fail level 4 preschool swimming lessons because he won't put his face in the water. WTH?! He's lazy and can't be bothered to do what's asked. I've threatened all sorts of evil outcomes. You're going to be in lessons next with your baby brother. He hates that. Still won't do it. I tried not being in the viewing area yesterday, so he didn't have me to whine to and attempt to make me feel sorry for him. There was improvement. He clings to his instructor and whines.

We just had a chat about what he's going to do at lessons this morning. "Not hold onto my teacher". Good answer. "Do what he tells me to". Again, good answer. Now do it.

And we're having the same issue with golf. Probably one of the most laid back, least active sports out there. GOLF. And the kid sits in the middle of the field. He's "tired". But has plenty of energy to go play on the playground after. You're not tired. You're lazy. Again, I won't be watching this afternoon.

Wish us luck. I've got Cole enrolled in 5 different sessions of swimming now for the fall. Let's hope he can pull it off before Friday or I have to call and deregister and get a refund for 3 of them. I'd rather call and deregister for 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment